Thursday 21 January 2016

The End

I've been quiet for a while. I guess because the trip has long since finished and all of the fund raising has wound down, there's nothing left to write about. But even so, the page keeps getting hits at a rate of 10-15 per day. So I'll use this post to wrap it up and leave the blog page to do whatever blog pages do when they retire.

But before I do, I ought to thank every single person who read the blog, commented on Facebook and Twitter, who donated to Just Giving (we smashed the target and raised over £3k for the MNDA), and who helped us with advice and support. It was a bloody good trip. And if this blog inspires even one person to go and do something they wouldn't ordinarily have done, well then it was a raging success!

Cheers to you all. Tom


2 comments:

  1. Tom, not sure if you will see this comment. I would be very interested to learn more of the large scale ?old? maps that you acquired from Dick Phillips. I am planning a crossing of Iceland. I'm a life-long MTBer with some bikepacking experience such as the Highland Trail and Cairngorm Loop. Sad to see that Dick has passed away earlier this year. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang on. It looks like you have had just had another pop at the crossing. Well done!! Solo?

    ReplyDelete